At Prabal Gurung during New York Fashion Week hair artist Anthony Turner created a sporty, effortlessly look that evokes a strong and confident femininity. To produce these hairstyles on Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid, and Ashley Graham, Anthony used Hot Tools and Wella styling products.
Get the Look:
- Start by running Wella Professionals EIMI Extra Volume Mousse through damp hair and spritz Wella Professionals Body Crafter to create texture.
- Dry hair away from the face and back using the using Hot Tools Black Gold IONIC AC Motor Salon Dryer and Hot Tools Rainbow Collection Paddle Brush.
- Once smooth, run the Hot Tools Black Gold 1” Flat Iron over the ends.
- Then, pull the accordion headband through the front of the hair.
- Pull hair into a pony and tie tightly with elastic.
- Next, create shine with Wella Professionals EIMI Oil Reflections Light Luminous Oil.
- Then create a “figure 8” with the ponytail. Pin hair where your thumb is.
- Wrap the rest of the hair very tight around the elastic. Secure it with pins.
- Leave the bottom of the ponytail out and finish with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm to ensure hair stays in place.
Inspired by the matrilineal world of the Mosuo Tribe in China, Prabal Gurung celebrated female strength through a collection of vibrant pink, purple, and blue garments that indicate empowerment.