Welcome to the latest beauty craze - shampoo bars. People are ditching the wasteful containers and going for these travel-friendly suds in a bar.
Shampoo bars are made up of concentrated ingredients and generally last longer than bottled versions. On average, a shampoo bar will out-suds two to three bottles of their liquid counterparts. Since most liquid versions of shampoo are made up of mostly water, and you use water anyway in your bath or shower anyway, why pay for water when you can supply it yourself?
Touted as being greener and made of mostly natural ingredients that promote hair health, these handy little numbers are also easier on the environment. Shampoo bars, and yes there are conditioners too, reduce the need for plastic bottles. And who doesn’t want to ditch their dependence on the bottle? Most of these sud-buds come in boxes or wrapped in recycled paper, which provides an artesian appeal, making them great gifts.
Most brands produce shampoo bars that use botanical extracts, essential oils, and other natural ingredients. With most manufacturers side-stepping preservatives and other chemicals, these shampoo bars come in an array of mostly natural ingredient combinations that are ideal for each hair type. However, you should check the ingredient list on the labels for yourself. That way you can find a brand that you like that uses sustainable and cruelty-free ingredients.
The beauty of shampoo bars is that they travel well. Just pop them in a metal tin and you are good to go. No more shampoo oozing out in your luggage and all over your clothes and other essentials, making life miserable on vacation or when traveling for business. And that handy tin works well in your shower too.
1. Sammy Soap Shampoo Bar- Rosemary and sage evoke feelings of tranquil and are especially useful to increase shine in aging, lackluster hair.
2. Lush Jumping Juniper - Fruity juniper berry oil clarifies oily, congested scalps, while lemon and lime make your hair clean and shiny and give it an extra fresh scent.
3. Starry Night : Shampoo Bar - A handcrafted conditioning shampoo bar loaded with activated charcoal and Bentonite clay to thoroughly clean and detoxify normal to oily scalp
4. Lush Brazilliant - Made with strengthening andiroba oil, Ylang-ylang and sweet orange oil this orange-y shampoo is formulated to tame thick or curly mane and leave it shiny and conditioned.
5. Naples Soap Sunkissed Shampoo Bar - Warm coconut with sweet vanilla musk leave hair soft, nourished and clean without stripping away your natural oils or hair color. The pro-vitamin complex and lemon peel strengthen hair and add shine.
6. Basin Island Silk Shampoo Bar - Ideal for dry hair, Vitamin E infused with coconut and rich jojoba oil leaves hair shiny, silky, and smelling like island blossoms.
7. Ethique Beauty St. Clement Shampoo for Oily Hair - Lime and orange oils balance oil production, clean the scalp and freshen hair up.
8. Meow Meow Tweet Rosemary Avocado Shampoo Bar - Nourishing avocado oil and aloe vera condition and soften, while rosemary and hops flowers promote shiny, bright hair and scalp health