There’s nothing strange about Natalia Dyer’s chic new hairstyle. Celebrity hairstylist Marc Mena created a tousled low pony for a recent Netflix premiere of Stranger Things in Los Angeles. Below is Marc’s step-by-step instructions on how he created Natalia’s hairstyle.
Since Natalia has a whole new look with lightened blonde locks and bangs, we wanted to accent her style. We decide to curl her bangs in a unique way, making edgy waves to play off of her feminine Christopher Kane dress.
- First, I prepped her hair with the Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray.
- Next, I used the Kerastase Mousse Bouffante to add volume to the hair and at the root.
- Starting with her bangs, I used a baby flat iron instead of a curling iron to create waves versus traditional curls. With the flat iron, I curled the hair from the shaft down, twisting the strands down.
- To curl the rest of her hair, I loved the Keratin Complex Transformer Interchangeable Styling Rod and used the ¾-inch wand. I rotated the curl direction to create texture and left the ends straight.
- Once I was done curling, I used the Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo throughout to distress hair and used my fingers to comb through.
- Now that the hair was prepped, I pulled her hair into a low and loose pony, securing with my new favorite hair accessory, Sylvain Le Hen Hair Design Access.
- To finish her look, I teased the bottom of the pony to create additional texture using the Balmain Session Spray Strong.
Photos Courtesy Instagram