Kate Moss inspired, this shoulder-length, loosely textured hair with an over-hanging fringe is the perfect style for summer. It's carefree and fun with a coveted back-from-the-beach quality. TONI&GUY International Artistic Director Cos Sakkas takes inspiration from classic finger waves that have been used in different ways at Fashion Week.
“They are pushing finger waves to a modern way creating a contrast of shiny to dry textures using clips to accessorize and keep the shape flat,” says Sakkas. “The knowledge of classic finger waves is essential as this will give you the understanding of dressing any waves and also gives you the confidence to push this to a more modern result.”
STEP BY STEP:
- Take a central profile parting with a pintail comb.
- Apply gel from the roots to the mid-lengths of the hair.
- Combing hair at a natural fall, place finger parallel to the parting in an equal distance and direct the hair in between the fingers in a forward and back direction, alternating a finger wave technique.
- Apply label.m Hold and Gloss Spray to the end of the back area of the hair and create a knot in the middle of the length.
- The entire head is diffuse-dried and left to cool down.
- The knot is removed, and a nice distressed texture should appear, decorating the side behind the ear with clips or accessories to get a flatter and more modern feel.