Hairdresser and BioSilk Hairstyling Ambassador Ivan Rodriguez shares his top 10 Valentine Hair Tips:
Big beautiful hair is a must with soft natural waves. Instead of traditional teasing, try using a texturizing powder at the root area, which will provide lift without the damaging effects of teasing/backcombing.
If you opt for an updo, allow tendrils to fall naturally around the face and secure with a few bobby pins to easily undo.
Wash and condition your hair with a mildly-scented shampoo and conditioner, so you can let your perfume come through even more.
Deep condition if your hair is dry. This will create a healthy, shiny foundation, helping to fight frizz.
Add a drop of your favorite perfume into your favorite hair oil and apply throughout your hair.
To keep hair smelling fresh all day and into the night, use a great dry shampoo that leaves no residue or powder to dull your hair. Prior to leaving for your night out, spray additional dry shampoo throughout to serve as a texturizer and volumizer.
To maintain your style during the day, braid hair loosely and secure. Or create a messy bun spritzed with a natural hold hair spray. Remove when ready to leave, shake to loosen and lightly mist with a natural formula hair spray.
For hold and long-lasting curls, use a thermal protectant prior to using a curling iron.
Skip using a stiff or firm hold hairspray. Soft and touchable locks are a must.
For added glam, apply crystal studded bobby pins or clips. To keep the accessory in place, mist it lightly with dry shampoo. This will keep the pieces from slipping out of your hair.
To get this romantic look, try Ivan's soft silk "S" waves hair tutorial:
- To begin, shampoo and condition with BioSilk Silk Therapy with Organic Coconut Oil 3 in 1. You can cleanse and condition in one simple step!
- Dry hair thoroughly and then spray your tresses with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Natural Hold. Brush in to distribute the silk botanicals and create a brilliant shine.
- Next, start curling the hair with the BioSilk Titanium Hairstyling Iron using a ribboning technique to create soft, "S" shaped curls. To do a ribbon curl, begin with a 1" section of hair. Starting near the top of your head, place it between the plates of the iron, while turning it with your wrist. This will make the hair wrap around the outside of it too. Then, slide the iron down to reveal a curl.
- Allow hair to cool and take a few drops of BioSilk Silk Therapy with Organic Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatment. Apply and then brush it through with a paddle brush. This will give movement and naturalness to the hair.
- Finish with BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On Spray for a glistening finish like diamonds.