This season the Michael Costello collection was about glamorous, sexy vixens. Kien Hoang used Oribe Hair Care to create what he describes as "a rock-and-roll feel" with the hair by producing big and bold afro textures and shapes on the models' natural hair.
Get the Look:
- Section off a mohawk section so the hair is divided into sections.
- Starting in the front, spray hair with Oribe Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray and do a tight figure-eight set by winding the hair in and out to create a zig zag pattern. Secure with large U pins, and directing the pin set going forward.
- Repeat throughout the entire head.
- After all of the head is pinned, press a flat iron on the pinned sections of hair to apply heat. According to Kien, setting the hair like this gives it a tight, almost frizzy texture to help create the look.
- Once cool, remove the pins and apply Oribe Swept Up Volume Powder Spray to help exaggerate the volume.
- Brush out the crimped texture and then shape the hair with Oribe Free Styler Working Spray. This invisible spray adds a light hold without weighing down the hair.Photos by Lisa Richov