Kardashian & Celebrity Hairstylist Justine Marjan Recreates Her Favorite Hollywood Styles with CHI Haircare
Justine Marjan has styled hair for notable celebs such as Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen, Lily Aldridge, Olivia Culpo, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Rachel Zoe, and Kelly Rowland to name a few. Partnering with CHI Haircare, Justine has taken inspiration from her client's most trending and requested looks to put together 5 of her favorite Hollywood hairstyles.
The Textured Lob Tutorial: Watch Instagram Video
- Prep damp hair with CHI Magnified Volume Spray Foam and CHI 44 Iron Guard.
- Then, blow dry with a CHI Touch 2 Dryer and a CHI Turbo Ceramic Round Brush for volume.
- After hair is blown dry, apply CHI Dry Shampoo and use a Dura CHI 1 ¼" Clamp Curling Iron.
- Curl sections by alternating wrapping the hair and twisting with long vertical sections.
- Back brush with a CHI Backcomb Brush then apply CHI Styling Cream Gel on the ends.
- Spray CHI Helmut Head Hairspray for hold.
The Wet Look Tutorial: Watch Instagram Video
- Use a Dura CHI ¾" Clamp Curling Iron to twist the hair in different directions.
- Run a ton of CHI Argan Oil through the hair then add CHI Spray Wax for a wet shine.
- For hold, spray with lots of CHI Helmet Head Hairspray to finish.
The Flirty High Ponytail Tutorial: Watch Instagram Video
- Prep hair with CHI Magnified Volume Spray Foam and then blow dry with the Dura CHI Handshot Dryer and CHI Vent Brush.
- Spray dry hair with the CHI Magnified Volume Hairspray and brush through.
- Curl hair with the Dura CHI 1 ¼” Clamp Curling Iron, holding the iron horizontally for a fuller curl.
- After the entire head has been curled, separate the back section from the front and clip away.
- Apply CHI Finishing Pomade to the roots and use a fine-tooth comb to gather the front section into a high ponytail, securing with an elastic band.
- Repeat on the bottom section of hair, adding the remaining hair to the first ponytail, securing with a hair bungee or another elastic band.
- Wrap a piece of hair around the base to cover the elastics, then secure with a bobby pin underneath.
- Re-curl any hair, if needed, so the ends have a nice bend to them.
- Lift up the ponytail, then use a brush to French lace the hair down. Use the brush to smooth the hair over the top of the pony.
- Use your fingers and the back of a rat tail comb to detail the ponytail, then spray with CHI Helmet Head Hairspray to finish.
The Braided Updo Tutorial:
- Prep hair with CHI Argan Oil throughout and apply CHI Finishing Pomade through the roots.
- Divide the hair into two sections (front and back)
- Use the CHI Smoothing Brush and CHI Helmet Head Hairspray to gather the front section into a high ponytail.
- Smooth the back section up into the ponytail, spraying with more hairspray and applying more pomade if needed until all the hair is secure.
- Fishtail braid through the length of the ponytail, then wrap, twist, or tie into a knot and secure with French pins.
- Spray with more CHI Helmet Head Hairspray to hold, using your fingers to play around with the placement of the braid.
The Side Braid Tutorial:
- Prep hair by spraying with CHI 44 Iron Guard.
- Create a side part like a Mohawk section from the front of the hairline to the back of the neck.
- Starting at the front hairline, begin braiding to the ends and secure with an elastic band
- Spray CHI Helmut Head for hold.